Staying safe on the internet
Staying Safe On The Internet
It is important to stay safe when using the internet, especially message boards or chat rooms etc.
Here are some tips you should stick to when using the internet:
- Never give personal information away, such as your name, age, where you live, email address or phone number, especially in chat rooms or on message boards.
- Never agree to meet up with anyone you have met online.
- Don't respond to any message that are mean or make you feel uncomfortable.
- Never send or upload a picture of yourself without checking with your parents first.
- Don't give out your Internet password to anyone (even your best friends) other than your parents.
- Always let your parents know what you are up to, especially when you are entering a competition or joining up to a website.
- Finally if anything you come across makes you feel uncomfortable tell a parent or carer.
Using the Filter blog pages
- If you are using or thinking of using the Filter blog pages please remember:
- Do NOT give out your full name, age, address, email address, phone number or school name.
- Never arrange to meet up with anyone you have meet online and spoken to on the message boards.
- If any message makes you feel uncomfortable report it immediately using the report button.
More useful tips...
If you want more information or just want to have some fun playing games and watching films about how to be safer online go to